There is something special about including a bird cage in the decor mix of a room – it’s like an informal bohemian vibe, the Victorian feel, a kind of steampunk touch. Here are some ideas on how to use a bird cage as a decor.
- For lighting. House candles or stuff a bird cage with a string of lights.
- Decor only. You can find a beautiful vintage bird cage and it would make a great decor on its own – next to a potted plant or a vintage mirror frame. Maybe you can put some antique books in a large bird cage – that’s a great idea.
- There are also stands and flat racks that are shaped like a bird cage. The flat ones can be used to hang photos or to hang and organize your jewelry in your bedroom.
- Bird cages are ideal for plants – whether natural or artificial.
- If you want to create a centerpiece arrangement, a bird cage can be used as an elegant accessory just like the table centerpiece.
- Outdoors, a bird cage can be used as a hanging planter or as a bohemian decor.